[SOLVED] Trying to revive a dead Samsung Galaxy S4

xMeRiko

Reputable
Sep 10, 2016
Hello everyone, not sure if this is the right place but i need any advice or help possible. So i have an old Samsung Galaxy S4 i used 2-3 years ago but then one day it died on me suddenly, back then i didn't care and just got a new phone and never tried fixing it, but starting from a couple of months ago i remembered i have some really important pictures on there that i would want to get back and now here's the issue. Let's say the phone hasn't been touched in 3 months, i plug it into a charger, the screen turns on and i just see the battery logo with a stuck loading circle inside the battery and the weirder part is that if i then unplug the phone and plug it back in again, it won't turn on whatsoever. And so then i leave it to rest for 1-2 weeks and then it again reacts once to the charger prompting up the battery but again if i unplug and plug it back in it won't react at all. I have taken it to a repair shop a few months ago and they told me they can fix it but for a hefty price considering what kind of phone it is so now my idea is going to be to replace the battery (btw i have already replaced the battery due to the stock one becoming very bloated) but i have just wanted to get some advice on if that will actually fix it because i don't wanna waste money on a new battery just to have to take it back to the repair shop.
If anyone has any advice or ideas i can try please let me know and thank you.

Solution
It's possible the charging board is faulty, you can replace that as easily as the battery, as long as you are capable of opening it up it should be no problem. Try replacing the charging board first to see if that's the case, you can buy it online for like 3$. If you still get that same issue try taking out the battery and just plugging in the cable, some phones will work with a constant power source such as a plugged in cable even without the battery, the battery would be next to replace obviously. If all the above fails then it's a main-board problem which renders you 100% unable to retrieve your pictures.

I'd recommend doing this yourself since it would be much cheaper in the end plus you get experience repairing smartphones, a...
It's possible the charging board is faulty, you can replace that as easily as the battery, as long as you are capable of opening it up it should be no problem. Try replacing the charging board first to see if that's the case, you can buy it online for like 3$. If you still get that same issue try taking out the battery and just plugging in the cable, some phones will work with a constant power source such as a plugged in cable even without the battery, the battery would be next to replace obviously. If all the above fails then it's a main-board problem which renders you 100% unable to retrieve your pictures.

I'd recommend doing this yourself since it would be much cheaper in the end plus you get experience repairing smartphones, a useful skill to have.

Solution