Question Trying to run 2x16 and 2x8 ram but getting blue screen

Oct 27, 2024
So i have a a520m plus wifi mobo, ryzen 9 3900x, 3080 ftw3 ultra, 750w PSU with a 2x16 Ripjaws g skill 32gb 3200mhz ram and 2x8 Trident G skill 3200mhz ram. Every time i turn on docp for them to run at 3200 mhz i keep getting automatic repair for my windows and it’s forcing me to restart over and over again or go into bios
any help?

Zen 2 likes up to two dual-rank sticks or four single-rank ones. While your 8GB sticks are probably single-rank, the 16GB ones probably aren't. A520m is also an economy chipset so will have daisy-chain rather than T-topology for the RAM slots, making it even more suited for only two sticks.

While you usually can still run 6 or 8 ranks of memory, XMP/Expo or ASUS DOCP goes out the window and you are looking more at maximum DDR4-2666 speeds.

Go into the BIOS with one stick if necessary and adjust things manually for lower speeds, slacker timings, and/or higher voltages. Even if default is 2133 it may be with excessively tight timings such as 14-14-14.

You have mismatched ram.
The xmp/expo data embedded in the ram will be different.
Use one stick of ram so you can get into the bios.
Set your ram specs explicitly for speed cas and voltage/
You will need to increase the voltage past normal, and you may only be able to get all to work by lowering speed.
If you can boot,
Run memtest86+
It boots from a usb stick and does not use windows.
You can download it here:

If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.