• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Trying to run Diagnostics on HD

May 5, 2020
Ive been having a lot of random issues lately after recently installing a new video card, and USB PCI card, and card reader, getting blue screens and other various things, but even after reinstalling my OS still the same things.. I have a good feeling my Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1tb might be the issue, So I really wanna run the diagnostics on it to be certain But after research I found the Samsung magician software looks like it would work best But I cant run it because it keeps coming up with "The selected drive does not support this feature" when I click on diagnostics. Has anyone ever come across this before? Its very strange because it is definitely a samsung drive, and all I wanna do is test it. I also downloaded Western digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for my other WD secondary drive and it lets me run that on the samsung but not sure if thats the best most accurate one to use for a different brand HD? Is there other better software to use for testing this out, can I use the WD software possibly ? Wondering what the best thing to do here to test it out is. (Also already installed a seporate drive to run on windows so the samsung Im testing is running as a secondary drive and not the primary). Any help would be much appreciated

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS