[SOLVED] Trying to run Helium on old tablet, android 4.4.2. Tablet cannot find app.

paulb104

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
I have a 2014 Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 SM-T230NU android 4.4.2, and just got a 2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 SM-T380 android 9. I was hoping to use Helium to backup all the apps from the Tab4 and move them to the TabA.

However, the Tab4 does not see "Helium - App Sync and Backup" in Google Play. The only thing it sees is "Helium (Premium)". There's no use for the Premium app (just the License key for the other app) since the old tablet cannot see the App Sync and Backup.

What am I to do?

The tablet is actually my daughter's, and she has (up to) five years progress in eight apps that are saved on the tablet. I emailed the folks at clockworkmod days ago and haven't heard from them so I thought maybe I should try to enlist help elsewhere....

I'm wondering if there's someplace SAFE I could get an old version of Helium for the Tab4?

Solution
I have a 2014 Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 SM-T230NU android 4.4.2, and just got a 2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 SM-T380 android 9. I was hoping to use Helium to backup all the apps from the Tab4 and move them to the TabA.

However, the Tab4 does not see "Helium - App Sync and Backup" in Google Play. The only thing it sees is "Helium (Premium)". There's no use for the Premium app (just the License key for the other app) since the old tablet cannot see the App Sync and Backup.

What am I to do?

The tablet is actually my daughter's, and she has (up to) five years progress in eight apps that are saved on the tablet. I emailed the folks at clockworkmod days ago and haven't heard from them so I thought maybe I should try to enlist help...

paulb104

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
Often when an app is listed in the play store it's because it's not compatible with that version of android.
You actually gave a contrary statement. If the app would be visible to the tablet running 4.4.2 then it WOULD be compatible for it and then I wouldn't have needed to make my post. The only thing visible to that tablet is the app to register it [Helium (Premium)] and not the actual app that does the actual backup.

That is why I asked the question "I'm wondering if there's someplace SAFE I could get an old version of Helium for the Tab4?"

paulb104

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
I'm aware that the current version of the app "Helium - App Sync and Backup" is for android 5 and that my tablet has android 4.4.2. That's why I asked in my original post "I'm wondering if there's someplace SAFE I could get an old version of Helium for the Tab4?"

I've already emailed the clockworkmod folks a number of days ago and haven't heard from them so I'm searching for alternate methods in case I never hear from them.

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017

What am I to do?

The tablet is actually my daughter's, and she has (up to) five years progress in eight apps that are saved on the tablet. I emailed the folks at clockworkmod days ago and haven't heard from them so I thought maybe I should try to enlist help elsewhere....

I'm wondering if there's someplace SAFE I could get an old version of Helium for the Tab4?

Here is the download link to the old app
https://www.apkmirror.com/wp-content/themes/APKMirror/download.php?id=124325

Reactions: paulb104
Solution

paulb104

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
OMG. Thank you! It's refreshing to see that someone finally understood what I was looking for!!!!!

My messages to clockworkmod and Titanium peoples all went unanswered so this was truly a blessing. The apk loaded flawlessly on the android 4.4.2 tablet, backup up the apps datas, then just as flawlessly restored that data on the android 9 tablet.

It's nice to finally finish a project!

TRENDING THREADS