Trying to save hosts file but admin password pops up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2018
Hi everyone!

I need help...

I was trying to block a particular website like youtube, facebook or anything (windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts) but when I saved it..... admin password suddenly pops up. I didn't even put password on my laptop. And I turned off "Password Protected Sharing". I went to "control userpasswords2" and I unchecked it. But still it asked for admin password.

What other things should I do? Hope anyone could help. Thanks..

Ralston18

Titan
If you do not have the administrative password for your laptop then we are unable to help.

Forum rules prohibit assistance with bypassing security measures and/or hacking passwords.

And having a laptop without a password is, indeed, risky on its' own merits..... Not recommended.

You need to work with whomever setup the laptop for your use. And that also applies to whatever network you are using; e.g., the network/router administrator.

Thread is being closed.

Ralston18

Titan
Received PM from OP:

"FYI, this laptop is not mine and I want to block a particular website like youtube and admin password pops up. And you've told me that I need an administrator account for me to do so or have an access. But sad to say, according to the owner he didn't know what's the password of the administrator because he really not good into computer. How can I solve this or what should I do?"

Again if the laptop is not yours and the owner does not remember the password there is nothing we can do to help.

No way for us to truly know what the situation is. Thread is remaining closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.