[SOLVED] Trying to track down the right Ring RGB/ARGB fans for my build.

iccanui

Reputable
Feb 7, 2018
Man this RGB/JRGB/ARGB thing is confusing.

So i just got a Phantek p400a and i want to get a nice RGB setup. Going down the rabbit hole on these and feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the choices. I have a 450 tomahawk max and i cant find a clear explanation of whats compatible with it or if i should bypass it and just get a set with its own controller or something.

All i want to do is have a nice set of about 6 RGB ring lights ( not the kind where the fans themselves light up ) that have color change, rainbow, have patterns and cool well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

Thanks

Solution

So i just got a Phantek p400a and i want to get a nice RGB setup. Going down the rabbit hole on these and feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the choices. I have a 450 tomahawk max and i cant find a clear explanation of whats compatible with it or if i should bypass it and just get a set with its own controller or something.

All i want to do is have a nice set of about 6 RGB ring lights ( not the kind where the fans themselves light up ) that have color change, rainbow, have patterns and cool well.

Thanks

Most packs of adressable rgb fans come with their own controller. Your motherboard, the b450 tomahawk, doesn't have any headers for ARGB, so...

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020

Thanks

Most packs of adressable rgb fans come with their own controller. Your motherboard, the b450 tomahawk, doesn't have any headers for ARGB, so you won't be able to adjust settings with MSI mystic light.

Reactions: iccanui
Solution

TRENDING THREADS