Trying to troubleshoot issues with GF's connection to my 7 days to die server - blocked ports?

Dec 1, 2018
Hello!

My girlfriend lives in a dorm at a university. Whenever she attempts to connect to my 7daystodie server (or other similarly locally hosted games) she gets disconnected. She will properly load the game, enter the password, and be allowed to load the world, but will then be disconnected at the last second. She can host, however, and I can join her.

I have already attempted the fixes for the game itself, so I am now thinking it is an issue with her network. I am curious if there is an easy way to see if certain ports are blocked by her university? Or if the issue might be with her connection being too unstable, so it disconnects her? I would appreciate any possible solutions or help troubleshooting this.

Dec 1, 2018

Yes, I am able to have other friends connect to me just fine.

Dec 1, 2018

It allows me to choose a port, default is 26900. Do you think choosing another port would help?

kanewolf

Titan

Unknown. It doesn't cost anything to try a different port. Keep it above 5000. Do you know what ports the game uses on the client side? That is the more important set of ports.

Dec 1, 2018

Sorry, I hope this is what you mean: "25000 TCP then 25001-25003 UDP ". Otherwise, I cannot find it exactly.

Dec 1, 2018

Would using a VPN circumvent this? I had a friend suggest this.

TRENDING THREADS