[SOLVED] Trying to turn TurboBoost on with an i5 9400F processor but there is no indication in the power section in windows or in UEFI.

dkimber

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
How do I at least check that TurboBoost is on? I tried to check in BIOS but there is no option for it anywhere in the UEFI for my HP computer. I have an i5 9400F processor which supports TURBO Boost up to 4.1 GHz. I also looked under power options in Windows 10 Pro and there is no option for turbo. I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0xxx with 32 GB RAM. I did switch from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I swear the option was there when I had Windows Home, but when I upgraded, it disappeared. Can anyone help? I am studying Cybersecurity in college and I would like the increased performance when trying to crack passwords and such for class and CTF games.

Solution
How do I at least check that TurboBoost is on? I tried to check in BIOS but there is no option for it anywhere in the UEFI for my HP computer. I have an i5 9400F processor which supports TURBO Boost up to 4.1 GHz. I also looked under power options in Windows 10 Pro and there is no option for turbo. I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0xxx with 32 GB RAM. I did switch from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I swear the option was there when I had Windows Home, but when I upgraded, it disappeared. Can anyone help? I am studying Cybersecurity in college and I would like the increased performance when trying to crack passwords and such for class and CTF games.
This is the turbo speed it depends on the number of cores used and...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
This is the turbo speed it depends on the number of cores used and their should be nothing to turn on.

4,100 MHz (1 core), 4,000 MHz (2 cores), 4,000 MHz (3 cores), 4,000 MHz (4 cores), 3,900 MHz (5 cores), 3,900 MHz (6 cores)

Download and run OCCT and click the on button and see what it goes to fairly simple it will also check your temps.

Solution