trying to update bios

liquidiz4u

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
hello I recently gotten two 4gb 2rx4 pc2 6400u 800 12 e0 DDR2 ram sticks but I have to upgrade my BIOS to my dell xps 4the generation desktop. but when I go an upgrade the BIOS I get this error code

Flash Access Denied
Please make sure you are logged in as an Administrator then try restarting the application.

I tried running as admin nothing an I have another option when I right click I can grant admin full control but neither seems to work at all... would I have to revert back to windows xp media center edition 2005. I have windows 7 alienware is on my system

Solution
i already found out what needed to be done..i had to first revert back to windows xp install the bios an then go back to windows 7... thats how i had to install the bios needed for my system

liquidiz4u

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
i already found out what needed to be done..i had to first revert back to windows xp install the bios an then go back to windows 7... thats how i had to install the bios needed for my system

Solution

liquidiz4u

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

TRENDING THREADS