trying to update my CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyfer1

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
hello im having difficulty upgrading my acer aspire v3-551 amd a8-4500 processor to an amd a10-5750m, when i install the new CPU (the A10) it runs windows but my screen stays blank, i have plugged it into an external monitor via HDMI and VGA with no screen, i have also shut down and booted with both plugged in i get past the boot screen (via VGA not HDMI) but i just get a solid underscore and have to hard reboot, i have upgraded my bios to v1.07 (there are more updated but acer has stopped at 1.07 and skipped to 2.04). I read up on doing a HEX edit on a BIOS, but its a bit too complicated for me. would be really appreciate if anyone could help with this problem.

thx jonny

jonnyfer1

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
i tried putting a fresh installation of windows on my computer with the new CPU with no avail,i belive the problem lies with the amout if power going to the CPU, and Acer have restricted that in the BIOS, does any one know where i can get a modded Bios for my laptop??

If it worked when you first upgraded it, what happened since then when it stopped working? Your post does not explain things very well since you say it runs windows but stays blank, then you say it gets past the boot screen (is that the BIOS?) and goes to a screen with an underscore.

Exactly what happened since you swapped the CPU and when did things stop working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS