Question Trying to upgrade

Sherief

Reputable
Mar 22, 2016
Hello guys, I hope find you all on a good note.

So I'm trying to upgrade my current system but I'm really struggling on what components of my system are the ones bottle-necking me since I lack the knowledge of all of the new stuff available in the market.

Here is a list of the components in my system through CPUID:

A. Personal thoughts:
I know for a fact that I need to upgrade to a SSD at some point, but I think that my GPU is also not helping me enough considering the fact that it only has 3GB worth of vram. I also need to upgrade my screen (TV: sony bravia 32 klv-32bx350) considering it is very very outdated.

B. I mainly use my PC for gaming and viewing stuff on YouTube, and some other audio (mostly)/video (rarely) production from time to time.

C. My budget for this project is about 10,000 EGP which is equivalent to around roughly 600 USD.

D. For the ones who are really eager to help me and go the extra mile, please bare in mind the following:

1. I live in Egypt and not all of the technology available in the US/Europe is available here. We're very limited to the stuff we have here.
  2. We have very high import rates and taxes on all of the electronics being shipped here.

E. Questions: TL;DR

1. Which component do you recommend to upgrade first?
  2. What is considered a suitable option for me to go for for that component?

Appreciate all your help.

Here's the thing.....I don't think you can upgrade your GPU much more because of your CPU.

I think you should upgrade your CPU before you consider upgrading your GPU.

But yes.....definitely I would go with an SSD! You will see a big improvement in loading times.

Sherief

Reputable
Mar 22, 2016
Here's the thing.....I don't think you can upgrade your GPU much more because of your CPU.

I think you should upgrade your CPU before you consider upgrading your GPU.

But yes.....definitely I would go with an SSD! You will see a big improvement in loading times.

So which CPU do you recommend given my motherboard?

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
I would say to upgrade to an SSD, you will notice the day to day performance increases a lot, not in gaming at all other than loading times, but just using your computer will feel faster. As for the rest of the computer a used GTX 1070/1070 Ti or maybe even a GTX 1660/1660 Ti would be a good upgrade. Your CPU while yes it's getting old for gaming with a mid range graphics card it will last you a little while longer.

Sherief

Reputable
Mar 22, 2016

Sherief

Reputable
Mar 22, 2016
I would say to upgrade to an SSD, you will notice the day to day performance increases a lot, not in gaming at all other than loading times, but just using your computer will feel faster. As for the rest of the computer a used GTX 1070/1070 Ti or maybe even a GTX 1660/1660 Ti would be a good upgrade. Your CPU while yes it's getting old for gaming with a mid range graphics card it will last you a little while longer.

Appreciate it. Always feels good to know that I can at least get a little bit more of my current CPU.