[SOLVED] Trying to use integrated graphics

Synergy34

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
For my current PC build, I recently ordered all of the parts and yesterday all of the parts came in, except for the graphics card. Eager to get the building going, and seeing that the my ASRock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard also has integrated graphics, I built the computer and tried to get a BIOS screen. Weirdly, the computer turned on, said no signal, and shut off. On the motherboard, 2 LED lights turned on and off, which said CPU and DRAM. Is it possible that the motherboard came with the integrated graphics turned off, or is something wrong with the PC? I know the motherboard is working because all of the fans turn on. I don’t mind waiting for the GPU to come in, but I want to make sure there isn’t something potentially wrong with the build.

Solution
Your motherboard does NOT have integrated graphics, your CPU MAY have, that is being enabled by the motherboard's output.

Please list your full specs.

Synergy34

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
Full specs:

Ryzen 5 3600x
ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 3200
(DO NOT HAVE YET) Radeon 5700
Seagate barracuda 2 TB
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Corsair CM 650
Cooler Master H500 Case

The ASRock website says
”Integrated AMD Radeon™ Vega Series Graphics in Ryzen Series APU”
(maybe I am misinterpreting this)

DSzymborski

Titan
Full specs:

Ryzen 5 3600x
ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 3200
(DO NOT HAVE YET) Radeon 5700
Seagate barracuda 2 TB
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Corsair CM 650
Cooler Master H500 Case

Yup, you can't 'do anything until you have a GPU. If you read the specs carefully for the motherboard, you'll see it says " Integrated AMD Radeon™ Vega Series Graphics in Ryzen Series APU" which doesn't mean that the motherboard has Vega Series Graphics. It means that it can use the Vega Series Graphics in a Ryzen APU, so you need a GPU unless you purchased an APU like the 2200G or 2400G.

Reactions: dotas1