TS Error

jkw

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Hi All

Iam using RDP on a windows 2000pro to connect to our server
but eery time I login the following error message appears
error 10048 address already in use on socket 336. I click
ok and the next error message is displayed error invalid
argument on socket 336 I click ok and then use the server
without any problem. Can anyone tell me why this is
or point me in the right direction to solve this.

cheers

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Hard to say on this; the 10048 error seems to happen with some name lookups
and security subsystem features. Maybe you could respond to (and try) the
following:

+ Is it always socket 336? That would be very unusual if it happens after
reboots as well.

+ Is your antivirus software up to date, and have you done a complete scan
recently? If not, you should. There IS an outside chance that this might be
caused by some virus or Trojan that invades your networking subsystem.

+ Are you connecting via a VPN connection?

+ Are you connecting to the server using its name, or its known IP Address?
If by name and you know the IP, connecting by IP might tell us if this is a
name lookup problem.