TS vs. Citrix

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

I'm in the process of implementing Terminal Services. I am considering
Citrix to work in conjunction with TS. I wanted to know if I would benefit
running Citrix? Can anyone tell me why or why not (except for cost) I
should/shouldn't go with it?

Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

Peretz,

What applications are you going to be running ( meaning - what applications
are your TS users going to be using )? Are you thinking about TS in WIN2000
or TS in WIN2003?

HTH,

Cary

"Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I'm in the process of implementing Terminal Services. I am considering
> Citrix to work in conjunction with TS. I wanted to know if I would benefit
> running Citrix? Can anyone tell me why or why not (except for cost) I
> should/shouldn't go with it?
>
> Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

I would be using a payroll system and a management system. I am going to use
Win2003. Not very memory/processor intensive.

Thanks

"Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" <cwshultz@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Peretz,
>
> What applications are you going to be running ( meaning - what
applications
> are your TS users going to be using )? Are you thinking about TS in
WIN2000
> or TS in WIN2003?
>
> HTH,
>
> Cary
>

> "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote in message
> > I'm in the process of implementing Terminal Services. I am considering
> > Citrix to work in conjunction with TS. I wanted to know if I would
benefit
> > running Citrix? Can anyone tell me why or why not (except for cost) I
> > should/shouldn't go with it?
> >
> > Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

I would be using a payroll system and a management system. I am going to use
Win2003. Not very memory/processor intensive.

Thanks

"Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" <cwshultz@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Peretz,
>
> What applications are you going to be running ( meaning - what
applications
> are your TS users going to be using )? Are you thinking about TS in
WIN2000
> or TS in WIN2003?
>
> HTH,
>
> Cary
>

> "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote in message
> > I'm in the process of implementing Terminal Services. I am considering
> > Citrix to work in conjunction with TS. I wanted to know if I would
benefit
> > running Citrix? Can anyone tell me why or why not (except for cost) I
> > should/shouldn't go with it?
> >
> > Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services (More info?)

Compare the features, check if there is anything in Citrix that
you really need, and decide if it is worth the extra costs.

The Difference between Microsoft RDP and Citrix ICA
http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/getstart/devplat/thin/rdp_ica/d
efault.aspx

Citrix MetaFrame vs Microsoft Terminal Server versus Tarantella
New Moon vs DAT Panther vs Jetro CockpIT
http://www.brianmadden.com/reviews/SBC_Software_Roundup.htm

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

> I would be using a payroll system and a management system. I am
> going to use Win2003. Not very memory/processor intensive.
>
> Thanks
>

> "Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" <cwshultz@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Peretz,
>>
>> What applications are you going to be running ( meaning - what
> applications
>> are your TS users going to be using )? Are you thinking about
>> TS in
> WIN2000
>> or TS in WIN2003?
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Cary
>>

>> "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> > I'm in the process of implementing Terminal Services. I am
>> > considering Citrix to work in conjunction with TS. I wanted
>> > to know if I would
> benefit
>> > running Citrix? Can anyone tell me why or why not (except for
>> > cost) I should/shouldn't go with it?
>> >
>> > Thanks

TRENDING THREADS