TT contac 30 overheating

Gifmaster

Reputable
Jul 20, 2014
Hi, i am having an issue with my new cooler. Yestarday i bought Thermaltakes contac 30, for my Amd Fx 8320 processor, becouse my stock cooler was just way to loud. So the issue i am having now is that my Asrock extream tuning utility is showing that current temperature is 78 celsius under load, and around 45 when idle. My first tought was that i maybe instaled it wrong or something. so i had a few friends come over and look at it, we removed everything and instaled it again but the temperatures are the same. questions that i have now are:

How come PC isnt shuting down if my CPU temp is over 70 and how come my case is ice cold, even the cooler itself is not that hot. is there a posibility my readings are wrong? Or should i not risk it and get my pc to someone who is payed to this to take a look at it. Btw i left my pc running all night and it was fine, hasent turn off yet and my games seem to be running normaly without any slowing down.

Solution
Well you don't want the voltage messing up because of the bent pins because you don't know whether it's perfectly straight again. It could create resistance which could be causing more heat dissipation to those specific pins causing a spike in these temperature values.

SO if his works you should consider buying another cheaper CPU or the same one again.
DON'T get second hand components either.

Gifmaster

Reputable
Jul 20, 2014
CPU is in use for around 3-4 months now,(with new cooler from yesterday) i used new thermal paste each time i removed CPU from its socket after cleaning it with 90% alcohol i did how ever had a small issue with cpu pins, somehow i managed to bend few of them but i managed to strangten them and CPU went in to the socket perfectly, is it posible that is cosing an issue, coz once again i am confused to why my pc isnt shuting down once CPU goes over "70" celsius

Gifmaster

Reputable
Jul 20, 2014
ok will do but one more thing, seeing as i can run games normaly without pc turning off or anything, should i keep using my cpu if my friends cpu shows up working normaly, how much of a factor do pins have if only thing they screw up is my temperature.

AsadP2012

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2013
Well you don't want the voltage messing up because of the bent pins because you don't know whether it's perfectly straight again. It could create resistance which could be causing more heat dissipation to those specific pins causing a spike in these temperature values.

SO if his works you should consider buying another cheaper CPU or the same one again.
DON'T get second hand components either.

Solution