[SOLVED] TUF 550-PLUS; 48gb ram?

Ken67

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2014
The AIO is in the way of the last ram slot and cant be moved. Is there a way I can use just three slots getting to 48gb? thx

Solution
You will lose dual channel operation with it's significant memory bandwidth advantage. Whether that proves problematic depends on how badly the application needs the memory as even single channel performance would be a lot better than hitting the swap file when it runs out of physical memory.

I'd explore flipping the mount of the AIO water block. Hopefully the fittings will clear the VRM/heatsink, although you may also need to relocate the radiator so the hoses reach.
You will lose dual channel operation with it's significant memory bandwidth advantage. Whether that proves problematic depends on how badly the application needs the memory as even single channel performance would be a lot better than hitting the swap file when it runs out of physical memory.

I'd explore flipping the mount of the AIO water block. Hopefully the fittings will clear the VRM/heatsink, although you may also need to relocate the radiator so the hoses reach.

Last edited:
Solution