Question TUF B450 Pro with Samsung 970 evo M2 ?

Aug 17, 2022
Hey guys ; hope u are fine and hope someone know my problem D:
I bought 970 m2 ssd for my pc which I have tuf B450 Pro . everything was fine but I got HDD and already 1 m2 ssd. After adding second m2 ssd my pc closing while it start and start again. I said "hmm interesting" than I realised my wifi is not working. lol omg . Than I remove my m2 ssd and everyting was back to normal.

Guys what will I do ?

Any help any information pls help :;(

Colif

Win 11 Master
I added a 2nd nvme m.2 drive in the Asus strix x470-f with Ryzen 7 3700x. My wifi card doesn't show wifi networks if I install the 2nd m.2 drive. My wifi card has both wireless and Bluetooth but only Bluetooth works once I install the 2nd m.2. If I remove the 2nd m.2 then the wifi works.
link
Sounds familiar. Wonder if its a feature of Asus bios.

is wifi onboard or an add on card?
Some motherboards split off the lanes going to the m.2 slot from the PCIe lanes, so when you connect a M.2 drive one (or more) of the PCIe slots will stop working. Just try another slot for the wifi card, you probably found the "shared" one.
link

Reactions: whitemithrandir

Colif

Win 11 Master
does that boot thing happen if you remove 2nd m.2 or pci card?

m.2 just meant to disable sata ports, I don't see any mention of PCI lanes

I can find evidence that adding 2nd m.2 does downgrade other pcie slots but it only mentions the GPU slots, since that was topic of question. expect the other slots are shut off at same time.

When I was selected mother boards I saw that due to sharing pcie lanes the in every motherboards for b450 x470 b550 or x570 m.2_2 second slot socket interface if I use the it disables pcie slots or sata ports or downgrade pcie slots.

Colif

Win 11 Master
which pci slot is the card in?
there are
PCIEX1_1 that is under 1st GPU slot
PCIEX1_2 that lines up with the 2nd M.2 slot (so I assume not this one)
PCIEX1_3 that is at very bottom of motherboard under 1_2
page 1-1

** PCIe x16_2, PCIe x1_1, and PCIe x1_2 slots will be unavailable when installing M.2 PCIe SSD in M.2_2 socket.
link << your motherboard.
note also shows on page vii of your manual above.

Seems only PCIE1 slot that works if you have M.2 in slot 2 is the bottom one.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022
does that boot thing happen if you remove 2nd m.2 or pci card?

m.2 just meant to disable sata ports, I don't see any mention of PCI lanes

I can find evidence that adding 2nd m.2 does downgrade other pcie slots but it only mentions the GPU slots, since that was topic of question. expect the other slots are shut off at same time.

https://ibb.co/YtGTjjn here is my card .