Question TUF B450M Motherboard gets stuck on BIOS screen

Feb 18, 2019
Almost every time I restart my PC it gets stuck on the BIOS screen, it's fixable by turning it off and on again but it will happen the next time. I want to figure out either how to permanently stop it or figure out what causes it.

Almost every time I restart my PC it gets stuck on the BIOS screen, it's fixable by turning it off and on again but it will happen the next time. I want to figure out either how to permanently stop it or figure out what causes it.
Probably happening because it's failing to POST and that's dumping you into BIOS. The reason it's failing to POST could be because of incompatible BIOS settings.

Suggest that you do a CMOS reset: turn off system, disconnect power cord, open case, take out the CMOS battery and short the CMOS reset pins for a few seconds. Reassemble everything and then try again.

Check your motherboard manual for location of CMOS battery and reset pins.

Yes, this will revert all CMOS settings to the out-of box state so if you really want you can save current settings in one of the profiles. CMOS reset will not erase pre-defined profiles so you can load from that later.

If it boots and operates well with default settings then it's something in the profile that caused it. Commonly, this is overclocking too far with bad voltages. But other things could also cause it to fail POST.