[SOLVED] TUF Gaming VG27AQ HDR 27 inch WQHD (2560x1440), 165Hz only give me 144Hz max with DP cable?

mac187

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
Hi!

I just got TUF Gaming VG27AQ HDR G-SYNC Compatible Gaming Monitor – 27 inch WQHD (2560x1440), IPS, 165Hz monitor. I am using the DP cable and my GPU is XFX Radeon RX 6700 XT SWFT 309.
I am only able to choose 144Hz. What can I do to achive 165hz?

Thank for help!

Solution
Enable overclocking on the monitors dashboard.

Also, there is some finesse required when picking settings with this monitor.

I suggest you read this, specifically the Response Times / Overdrive Modes portion:

larsv8

Distinguished

I suggest you read this, specifically the Response Times / Overdrive Modes portion:

Solution

mac187

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020

Lol, that was a lot of information for me haha!
I just want to know what type of settings I should have? :)

mac187

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
In the menu settings, set Image>Over Clocking = ON. The monitor will reboot and you will be able to set 165hz in Windows.
AH ok. But i tried to understand the article. Do i need to change Overdrive Mode in “Trace Free” settings? And should I have ELMB-Sync on or off? Is there any other settings recommended if I overclock the monitor?

Thank you!

mac187

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
You can use the default 60 overdrive or try 80. I have ELMB and freesync on. I use the racing preset with hdr enabled and have been pretty happy with those settings.

Thank you!
I have enabled overclocking to 165Hz with Trace Free settings to 60. After reading severeal places it seems that 60 is the most optimal choice. And some people say leave ELMB off or on. With ELMB its get dark so ill kept it off and only enabled freesync. I choose FPS preset choice and no HDR enabled. What does HDR actually do?

TRENDING THREADS