[SOLVED] Tuf-Gaming X570-PLUS won't POST

Sep 24, 2021
Hi, identical problem to Ickier on 3rd August. Except my is not a new build, it was working fine until I decided to disable CMS mode to UEFI as that what I needed to do to allow Windows 10 to upgrade to Windows 11. Now I can't get BIOS setup when I boot. Just goes though the 4 Q LED's then stops on green boot Led.

My system consists of an Asus Tuf-Gaming x570- plus mother board. 512gb SSD boot disk and 2 x 2TB standard hard drives. I've tried all the tricks to erase RTC ram, but just sits on green boot Led. No output to the screen. Holding DEL does nothing. I have a Nvidia graphics card and 32gb of memory. Windows 10 resides on the SSD drive. On reflection I should have pre-prepared the drive for UEFI, before disabling CSM.

Run out of ideas as to what to do now.

Solution
Maybe I should have done this

Secure Boot is a UEFI mode-only feature. You will be unable to upgrade to Windows 11 without performing a clean install unless you use MBR2GPT and enable Secure Boot.
Yes, UEFI mode and BOOT disk in GPT are required. Only way for advanced options to work.
Sep 24, 2021
Hi, identical problem to Ickier on 3rd August. Except my is not a new build, it was working fine until I decided to disable CMS mode to UEFI as that what I needed to do to allow Windows 10 to upgrade to Windows 11. Now I can't get BIOS setup when I boot. Just goes though the 4 Q LED's then stops on green boot Led.

My system consists of an Asus Tuf-Gaming x570- plus mother board. 512gb SSD boot disk and 2 x 2TB standard hard drives. I've tried all the tricks to erase RTC ram, but just sits on green boot Led. No output to the screen. Holding DEL does nothing. I have a Nvidia graphics card and 32gb of memory. Windows 10 resides on the SSD drive. On reflection I should have pre-prepared the drive for UEFI, before disabling CSM.

Run out of ideas as to what to do now.

Secure Boot is a UEFI mode-only feature. You will be unable to upgrade to Windows 11 without performing a clean install unless you use MBR2GPT and enable Secure Boot.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Sep 24, 2021

Sorted. I had to create a windoes USB boot disk, it then took me to bios after F2