[SOLVED] TUF Gaming Z590-Plus WiFi Drivers Not Installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisLallo

Prominent
Aug 8, 2021
I recently started a new gaming PC build. My component list is below for details. For backstory, I originally started this build with an MSI Z590 Pro WiFi from Newegg. Once I completed the build, I started my PC, installed Windows, and began the process of installing my drivers with the installation disk. Everything went off without a hitch, except the system refused to install the WiFi, LAN, and management engine drivers. To get past this, I downloaded the drivers from MSI directly and carried them over to my new computer on a flash drive. Unfortunately, only the WiFi driver could be applied manually. The others? Not so much. Regardless, that motherboard had an additional fault in it, which required me to get an RMA from Newegg.

Now to finally get to my question. I now have an Asus TUF Gaming Z590-Plus WiFi. My computer booted just fine, but when I went to install my drivers, I had the exact same issue. I repeated the process of downloading the proper drivers from Asus and manually applying them. Once again, only the WiFi driver would apply. Since at least the WiFi was functioning, I went ahead and updated to the latest version of Windows and tried again with the driver installation disk. Still nothing, nor could I apply the LAN or management engine drivers manually.

So what could be the problem here? I'm beginning to wonder if there is somehow an issue with my hard-drive. I don't want to simply settle for having no LAN connection or my Intel Management Engine. Any input is appreciated.

Component List

Solution
which version of win 10

1. right click start
  2. choose run...
  3. type winver and press enter
  4. current version is 21H1

where did you get the installer from? did you make a new one?

makes me think its the installer to blame as it should have had the drivers needed for at least one of those board, if not both.

Colif

Win 11 Master
that is very strange

I wonder if the CPU has anything to do with the features as well.

Did you clean install windows on new Motherboard? maybe its a left over from the previous board?

Windows should have default drivers that can do lan and wifi until you connect a cable up and it updates itself. Very little need for the installer dvd anymore. That right there points at it either being the installer USB or the MB not showing LAN to windows on install.

ChrisLallo

Prominent
Aug 8, 2021
Yes, I've used a clean install of Windows everytime. As for the default Windows drivers, that was never the case for me, with either of my motherboards. As soon as I boot Windows for the first time, the network symbol has the red X on it, and WiFi is not an option. In the device manager, it would show me a bunch of missing drivers, marked with the yellow triangle warning sign.

The only thing different now is that I successfully applied the WiFi driver manually. Still no LAN connection or Intel ME though.

Colif

Win 11 Master
which version of win 10

1. right click start
  2. choose run...
  3. type winver and press enter
  4. current version is 21H1

where did you get the installer from? did you make a new one?

makes me think its the installer to blame as it should have had the drivers needed for at least one of those board, if not both.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.