[SOLVED] TUF Gaming

Oct 9, 2019
hi! i’m building a new gaming rig with a i7 8700k and a gtx 1080 ti. I was wondering if the TUF gaming z370 Plus motherboard is good enough for this build? this isn’t my first option (or even any of my options) but due to location i have very limited options.

Solution
Not particularly. Not a lot of differentiation between the boards unless you look at very specific things. You'll have entry level boards with more or less standard VRMs. Those with heavier duty VRMs designed to handle overclocking. Premium Audio, NVMe storage slots, WiFi, USB Type-C. These are all things you have to decide for yourself.
Oct 9, 2019
Between those three parts, no.
oh ok. Where im from its really hard to get pc parts and there is almost no one selling z370 boards anymore. all they have are z390s. Would you recommend me to get a z390 instead? because there are more options but more expensive then the TUF board

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That is up to you. It will work either way, and you can always get some loose heatsinks and stick them on the VRMs, if you plan to overclock, or run the system hard for hours at a time.

But yeah, a nicer Z390 board would probably offer you a better VRM solution.

Really comes down to how long you want it to last. If this is going to be the only computer for the next 5 years, go ahead and spend for Z390. If you plan to replace it in a year or two, then it is less of a concern.

Reactions: jizue
Oct 9, 2019
That is up to you. It will work either way, and you can always get some loose heatsinks and stick them on the VRMs, if you plan to overclock, or run the system hard for hours at a time.

But yeah, a nicer Z390 board would probably offer you a better VRM solution.

Really comes down to how long you want it to last. If this is going to be the only computer for the next 5 years, go ahead and spend for Z390. If you plan to replace it in a year or two, then it is less of a concern.
ohh ok. I might try to looks for some z370s online. Would you have any recommendations?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not particularly. Not a lot of differentiation between the boards unless you look at very specific things. You'll have entry level boards with more or less standard VRMs. Those with heavier duty VRMs designed to handle overclocking. Premium Audio, NVMe storage slots, WiFi, USB Type-C. These are all things you have to decide for yourself.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS