TUF Sabertooth 990 fx r2.0 or ROG Crosshair V Formula Thunderbolt

rainbueza

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
I know this is a bit old question, but I really need to decide and choose between these two mainboards.
Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 is way more affordable than the crosshair v formula. I cant find a stock for the non thunderbolt version so I don't have a choice to go with the tbolt version which is more expensive than the non tbolt. but I have a limited budget and I only play games on weekends and weeknights (but 1-2hours only)

the crosshair has more features on it like the rog connect and better sound card, but is it necessary? I mean do I need it? or is sabertooth 990fx is more than enough for me?

Please help me decide on this.

Thank you!! ^_^

Solution
I would suggest that you go with the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 because it has plenty of good OC features. The Crosshair V is designed and intended for use by extreme Gamers and Extreme overclockers, hence the ROG connect and other OC conveniences. Actually, it sounds to me like even the Sabertooth board is probably way more than you really need. You could save around $50 by going with an ASROCK motherboard such as this: ASRock 990FX Extreme4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard for $144.99.

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
I would suggest that you go with the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 because it has plenty of good OC features. The Crosshair V is designed and intended for use by extreme Gamers and Extreme overclockers, hence the ROG connect and other OC conveniences. Actually, it sounds to me like even the Sabertooth board is probably way more than you really need. You could save around $50 by going with an ASROCK motherboard such as this: ASRock 990FX Extreme4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard for $144.99.

Solution
G

Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 is better for server / online game
this was my problem, the other is more for more RAM but not the other bus master system.