Question Tuf x570 Hard drive question

LuckJaw

Prominent
Jul 27, 2020
Hi peps... I have a new X570 with the latest bios. In the Bios I can see the drive, but not in Windows... Any idea why????

D

Deleted member 362816

It is set up as AHCI... should I set it up as raid?

Sorry for my crap reply. What I am trying to say is if you had these drive setup in a old pc as RAID they have to be setup in RAID on the new one to be seen. Same thing if you had them setup as AHCI in the old pc and are trying to install into the new one that is running raid.

If what I said is not the case and these drives were not pulled from another pc and they do not show up in disk management you have issues that I do not know how to fix :)

LuckJaw

Prominent
Jul 27, 2020
Sorry for my crap reply. What I am trying to say is if you had these drive setup in a old pc as RAID they have to be setup in RAID on the new one to be seen. Same thing if you had them setup as AHCI in the old pc and are trying to install into the new one that is running raid.

If what I said is not the case and these drives were not pulled from another pc and they do not show up in disk management you have issues that I do not know how to fix :)

LOL OK, no they are brand new drive... The thing is that he does see it in the Bios, but not visible in Windows... I will try to change the SATA connection to the motherboard and see if it works.