Question TUF x570 plus Wifi Bluetooth stopped working/appearing

Jun 10, 2020
I built this computer around 7 months ago, and the bluetooth was mostly working. There were times that it would not appear to be toggled on/off in Windows 10, but usually after restarts everything would be back to normal.

Last week I went to use the bluetooth speaker I've used with this desktop many times, but bluetooth no longer existed on my computer.

Following the advice of some threads on this website and elsewhere I have tried:

-Updating chipset drivers
-Ensuring 'Bluetooth Support Service' is running
-Install Asus Bluetooth driver (it opens and closes a terminal quickly, not sure it actually did anything)
-Reset windows 10
-Run windows Bluetooth Troubleshooter
-Update Drivers for any USB device in Device Manager
-Run Intel driver tool
-Ensured the wifi antenna is plugged in

I also mistakenly uninstalled Blueooth from the Device Manager, and have been unable to get it back, even after resetting windows. I can't find it to add as a legacy device either.

At this point I really am stumped as to whether I'm missing something or maybe this is a defect?

Edit:
CPU: 2700x
Motherboard: TUF x570 plus wifi
Ram: Gskill 3600mHz 16gb
SSD/HDD: 500gb Samsung 860
GPU: Gigabyte 5700XT
PSU: Corsair 600W

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome t the forums, newcomer!

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Can you check and see which BIOS version you're currently on? If you have BIOS updates pending, manually update the BIOS gradually working your way up to the latest version. Also, which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Resetting the OS doesn't help much.

You might want to install any and/or all drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that helps. Please make sure you've downloaded them manually onto your drive as opposed to using an app to install/update the components drivers.

Jun 10, 2020
Thank you! Updated the original post with specs.

I am currently on 1407 x64 (latest version) that i recently flashed. Tried running the same drivers in administrator mode, did not seem to change anything.
I am on Windows 10 Education. I wasn't sure resetting would have any effect but didn't cost me much to try.

CountMike I'm not sure what you mean by checking the BIOS to see if it is enabled.

Welcome t the forums, newcomer!

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Can you check and see which BIOS version you're currently on? If you have BIOS updates pending, manually update the BIOS gradually working your way up to the latest version. Also, which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Resetting the OS doesn't help much.

You might want to install any and/or all drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that helps. Please make sure you've downloaded them manually onto your drive as opposed to using an app to install/update the components drivers.

Thank you! Updated the original post with specs.

I am currently on 1407 x64 (latest version) that i recently flashed. Tried running the same drivers in administrator mode, did not seem to change anything.
I am on Windows 10 Education. I wasn't sure resetting would have any effect but didn't cost me much to try.

CountMike I'm not sure what you mean by checking the BIOS to see if it is enabled.
Enter BIOS and see if it's enabled.

TRENDING THREADS