Tune in for Live Coverage of the BlackBerry 10 Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
You're absolutely right. By "home turf" I meant as in Canada. There are other BB10 events happening in NYC, London, Paris, Dubai and Johannesburg, so in that regard, being in Toronto is the closest it gets for being "home" for RIM.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Have they released the hardware specs? Other then the screen specs (CPU, RAM, etc.)

I know hardware doesn't matter as much (since this is a closed device like the iPhone, meaning the hardware was picking specifically for the OS and vice versa) but I'm just curious.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]Have they released the hardware specs? Other then the screen specs (CPU, RAM, etc.)I know hardware doesn't matter as much (since this is a closed device like the iPhone, meaning the hardware was picking specifically for the OS and vice versa) but I'm just curious.[/citation]

They didn't talk much about hardware at the event today. My guess is because they want everyone to focus on the software as opposed to saying, "Well it's not got a quad-core, so is a dual-core really enough to compete?" or similar. We asked several times about CPU and they said they *couldn't* tell us which specific CPU was in there but that they could say it was a dual-core 1GHz. I'm going to assume it's a Snapdragon. As far as RAM is concerned, you're looking at 2GB. 16GB of onboard memory (expandable).

Status
Not open for further replies.