'Tunic' Is A Foxy 'Zelda'-Like Hitting PC, Mac, Consoles In 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verrin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
I appreciate that you correctly called this "zelda-like". The amount of people saying this looks like a isometric dark souls was making my eyes twitch uncontrollably. Apparently there's a whole generation of people who have never played a Link to the Past. And it breaks my cold dead heart.

hpram99

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
And on the flip side, I find the use of "PC" annoying when it refers specifically only to Windows. No Linux support, only Windows & Mac OS? darn.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

I guess you've not been gaming on Linux, for long? That's just how it is. PC = Windows, at least for gaming purposes. Phoronix periodically reports on the Steam surveys, and Linux always ranks dead last, with currently under 1%.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Hwsurvey-February-2017

I'm still amazed at how many games actually are available on Linux. It's hard to imagine most of them make enough money to offset the cost of porting to it - I think most ports are probably developer-lead initiatives.

Anyway, you could always try Wine, if there were a Windows game you particularly wanted to play.

Daekar3

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
This looks adorable and fun. By the time this comes out, I'll be ready for another Zelda title, and I'll be long finished with Breath of the Wild. Hope this releases on Switch.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
If the game is developed for Mac as well the costs of porting to Linux are fairly minimal. Generally, besides lack of developer support, the biggest issue you have to deal with is graphics drivers. Steam on Linux is pretty impressive though. My only remaining reason for staying with Windows is Photoshop, I don't even game that much anymore, but for hardcore gamers Windows will be mandatory.

Grenadehh

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
@verrin The same people who think Dark Souls is the only action RPG ever made are the people who call things "dark souls like". Don't listen to them, they have no clue what games are and have never played any game but Dark Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.