Turbo boost on I7-6600U 2.6GHz

Gogeto_16

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
Hey guys I got a new laptop it's Intel I7-6600U 2.6GHz it can be go upto 3.1GHz using turbo boost feature so guys how can I do that & is it safe ?

Solution
yes, but I'm not sure why you've posted that one. That just says Turbo is on. This is normal.

To test, what you can do is install something like HWMon. Run it when windows gets the desktop. You will see a default clockspeed, and when you run a game or an app, the maximum clockspeed should be the max turbo. which will be 3.4ghz or 3400mhz approx.

The system will dynamically switch between stock frequency and Turbo boost frequency when the thermals, and other facotrs allow. It's all automatic.
yes, its safe. It's an automatic process. It happens in lightly threaded applications, and 1-2 cores will boost to the higher frequency. You don't need to monitor it. It will happen when the resources allow, and is required. The CPU/Mobo manage the boost. You don't have to do anything to achieve it.

Gogeto_16

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
sSgXA

yes, but I'm not sure why you've posted that one. That just says Turbo is on. This is normal.

To test, what you can do is install something like HWMon. Run it when windows gets the desktop. You will see a default clockspeed, and when you run a game or an app, the maximum clockspeed should be the max turbo. which will be 3.4ghz or 3400mhz approx.

The system will dynamically switch between stock frequency and Turbo boost frequency when the thermals, and other facotrs allow. It's all automatic.

Solution

Gogeto_16

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

Okay bro & thankx for everything ...