[SOLVED] Turbo boost problem

Aug 20, 2019
I have: MOBO: Gigabyte Z170-Gaming K3
CPU: I7-6700K
My problem is when i enable Intel Turbo boost in Bios, even in Intel Extreme Tuning Utility it shows me that its enabled but in CPU-Z and Afterburner it shows me clock speed .
Thanks for help

Solution
I highly suspect this is just due to the core load. Each core won't boost to 4.2, so you'll probably find only one core will boost when it is able to do so.

The 6700k only boosts single core load, so if you're running multicore load, you won't see the same boost behaviour

So basically if you're running something that only utilises one core, you'll see it boost to 4.2 when needed, if you're running more than single core, you'll see it will stick to around 4.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

I have: MOBO: Gigabyte Z170-Gaming K3
CPU: I7-6700K
My problem is when i enable Intel Turbo boost in Bios, even in Intel Extreme Tuning Utility it shows me that its enabled but in CPU-Z and Afterburner it shows me clock speed .
Thanks for help
Is this under low load?
it will boost when it needs to, have you checked whilst stressing under load?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I highly suspect this is just due to the core load. Each core won't boost to 4.2, so you'll probably find only one core will boost when it is able to do so.

The 6700k only boosts single core load, so if you're running multicore load, you won't see the same boost behaviour

So basically if you're running something that only utilises one core, you'll see it boost to 4.2 when needed, if you're running more than single core, you'll see it will stick to around 4.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS