Turbo Outrun emulation fixed a lot...

I think it happened around MAME .92, but I just noticed the graphics and
most notably the sound emulation has dramatically improved to (almost?)
perfection since .89
Now the only obvious problem left with the 2D Outrun games is OutRunners
graphics, which is emulated correctly in the Modeler emulator.

"Tempora" <tempora@nowhere.com> wrote in news:f3NYd.1153$qN3.694@trndny01:

> I think it happened around MAME .92, but I just noticed the graphics and
> most notably the sound emulation has dramatically improved to (almost?)
> perfection since .89
> Now the only obvious problem left with the 2D Outrun games is OutRunners
> graphics, which is emulated correctly in the Modeler emulator.

What's the difference, exactly? I think it was discussed in the past, but as
I recall it wasn't very big and I have (obviously) forgotten...

"Hung N" <find@my.crack> wrote in message
> "Tempora" <tempora@nowhere.com> wrote in news:f3NYd.1153$qN3.694@trndny01:
>
>> I think it happened around MAME .92, but I just noticed the graphics and
>> most notably the sound emulation has dramatically improved to (almost?)
>> perfection since .89
>> Now the only obvious problem left with the 2D Outrun games is OutRunners
>> graphics, which is emulated correctly in the Modeler emulator.
>
> What's the difference, exactly? I think it was discussed in the past, but
> as
> I recall it wasn't very big and I have (obviously) forgotten...

Turbo Outrun was officially introduced to MAME in MAME .89
In that version, none of the sampled sound (i.e. voices and engine sounds)
played correctly, they came out as noise or music samples. Also, there were
some graphical glitches, most noticeable in the attract mode. All that have
been fixed since MAME .92 and maybe before.

TRENDING THREADS