TURN DOWN fan speed, wayyyy too loud

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
is there anyway to turn down the fan speed on my bfg 7600gt?

this thing has two levels, really really really really freaking loud
and omg i didn't know it could go louder than that.

i don't feel like spending $ on a new fan, and i know this thing isn't getting that hot while i use it so can someone tell me a good program to turn down the fan speed even further?

thanks

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
http://uk.geocities.com/twistedfuryuk/fanspeed/

try this site for ya, cant guarentee it but this is what I found.

GL! :wink:

looks more like cpu fan's to me..plus dont really trust a program hosted on geocities. thank you for the thought though

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Have you thought about getting a fan controller rather than a new fan?, it means putting your hand in your pocket I know but it doesn’t have to be major bucks.

http://www.yoyotech.co.uk/product_i...=1824&osCsid=ec6062f4196b8a16fadb07feb45a360c

I did contemplate that for a moment, but then i had this urge to dig into my pocket and i got a zalman vf900 for $37 from newegg on sale.

Seems as though that's going to make me happy :)

It's just so ridiculous how freaking loud this card is...when i take it out and turn on the computer its sooooo silent, this thing is a killer.

My friend has one of those and it's pretty sweet I intend to get one soon but more for the cooling properties than the noise reduction as five 80mm case fans running at full chat mean that I wouldn’t hear a 747 landing in my street :lol:, I do hope it sorts your problem for you mate.

shaba230

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
5 case fans, WOW.

i noticed of all 3 of my case fans, the rear exhaust one is the only one pumping out anything warm...i have a tunnel from the cpu fan out the side panel and that one isn't even warm.

anyways i can't wait till this thing is quiet like its supposed to be, less the noise of the raptor as it reads/writes...but i love that noise for some reason, it reminds me of the noise of scsi drives that i love so much, lol how sad is it when you enjoy the noise of a hard drive haha

archie123

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
RivaTuner has a driver-level fan control option.
I can't really guarantee that it'll work with your BFG, but it's harmless to give it a chance. Check it out. :wink:

Its hard to beleive there are pc gamers out there who dont have Riva Tuner....its a must

Multiplectic

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
It all depends of what kind of gamer you are.

I know people that just play games. They don't care to OC, or how hot their graphics card's are running, they just play.

Besides, if you own an ATI card, well, RivaTuner is almost worthless. :wink:

Multiplectic

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Do you mean "nTune"? nTune is for overall system tweaking, whereas RivaTuner is a very powerful video card tweaking tool.
It has a lot of developing as well, because as the name says, it has been in constant updating since the days of the nVidia Riva graphics cards.

TRENDING THREADS