Question Turn off hdmi port on discreet graphics card?

Aug 11, 2020
hello I have a GeForce 770gtx with 2xdvi,display port and hdmi, the hdmi port was damaged when I tripped over the cord 😒, broke the little board in the centre. now I think the port is registering that a cable is still connected, when it's not. tried the dvi plugs with hdmi adapter to my hdmi only smart tv, no signal, the display port I'm not sure about how to test it as I suppose I need an hdmi adapter for it. anyway is there anyway to turn off the hdmi port via software or any other solution?/gc: asus dcu2 oc GeForce gtx770 2gb.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the cord is physically out of the port and the middle divider with the signal's is missing(and inside the cord) then it should register as no device connected to it. That being said, you might want to go through this thread in order to get that HDMI port functional. Perhaps see if your local area has a proficient soldering/computer repair shop.

Aug 11, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the cord is physically out of the port and the middle divider with the signal's is missing(and inside the cord) then it should register as no device connected to it. That being said, you might want to go through this thread in order to get that HDMI port functional. Perhaps see if your local area has a proficient soldering/computer repair shop.
thanks for your reply my Initial question is the same, is it possible to turn off this port by software or choose another of the three ports? and will the display port work with a hdmi adapter?, the cord was fine tested on my pvr, but the centre of the gc plug is cactus, will ask my local tech guy if it's possible /worth fixing. ty.

thanks for your reply my Initial question is the same, is it possible to turn off this port by software or choose another of the three ports? and will the display port work with a hdmi adapter?, the cord was fine tested on my pvr, but the centre of the gc plug is cactus, will ask my local tech guy if it's possible /worth fixing. ty.
[

Dp to hdmi should work fine, there's no way to disable a port if its damaged to the extent of thinking a cable is plugged in apart from physically cutting the connection to it (not recommended if you don't know what you're doing)

You should be able to enable multiple displays in windows and set the dp port to primary or just set 2 screens as mirrored.

Windows key + p key should enable it on 1st or second press.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020
hello, tech guy wanted $80 to physically disable plug, so I decided not, I'm going to upgrade soon any way. later I tried clearing the debris out of the gpu hdmi port, all the little bits of copper wire hanging still there, and the computer started recognising the other ports on the gpu 😏but in my impatience in continually inserting and removing the gpu to test, I might of loosened the cpu touching the h100i cooler, as I'm getting way silly high temps on cold start(90c) with hwmonitor and corsair app even without the gpu, I'm going to reseat the CPU today hopefully that solves the problem. I love computers but sometimes not. thanks for your help.

Aug 11, 2020
hello, tech guy wanted $80 to physically disable plug, so I decided not, I'm going to upgrade soon any way. later I tried clearing the debris out of the gpu hdmi port, all the little bits of copper wire hanging still there, and the computer started recognising the other ports on the gpu 😏but in my impatience in continually inserting and removing the gpu to test, I might of loosened the cpu touching the h100i cooler, as I'm getting way silly high temps on cold start(90c) with hwmonitor and corsair app even without the gpu, I'm going to reseat the CPU today hopefully that solves the problem. I love computers but sometimes not. thanks for your help.
PS :could anyone tell me where to look for the H100i v2 water temperature reading and the CPU temperature, they are separate readings right? couldn't find much online about it, using the corsair new app icue. thanks