Turn off LED lights on fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I am looking at replacing all of the fans in my Lancool PC-K60 with these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233031

However, I don't want the LED's to be on all the time. Really I just want the LED for that extra bit of gimmick/"wow" factor. Is there a way to turn the LED's off and keep the fans running? Is there a relatively simple fan controller that can do this?

I am also unfamiliar with how a fan controller is supposed to be set up regarding the connections. Right now I have 4 case fans. I want to say that 3 of them are connected to my mobo and one is connected to the psu (I ran out of mobo fan connections).

The rear fan will not be replaced because I don't need an LED on it, but I plan on adding a second LED intake fan up front.

Thanks!

Solution
Unless the fan or case came with a switch for the LED in fan its not possible to turn them off... however i have cut the power wires that lead to the LED lights in some fans and they do the trick without damaging the fan...

abully

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
Unless the fan or case came with a switch for the LED in fan its not possible to turn them off... however i have cut the power wires that lead to the LED lights in some fans and they do the trick without damaging the fan...

Solution

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009

Alright thanks. I would add a switch but I don't know how to solder. I'll either keep the non-LED fans or deal with the lights being on 100% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS