newbee

Sometimes after I click the turn off button a message comes up saying,
"Others are logged on to your computer. Turning it off may destroy their
data." What does this mean? Are there other people using my computer from a
remote area? If so, how can they do this? If so, can it be stopped?

Log off all users before shutting down your computer.

Ted Zieglar

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:35:33 -0800, Newbee wrote:

> Sometimes after I click the turn off button a message comes up saying,
> "Others are logged on to your computer. Turning it off may destroy their
> data." What does this mean? Are there other people using my computer from a
> remote area? If so, how can they do this? If so, can it be stopped?

Do others use this system too? Do they log off before you log on - or - do
you use Switch User before logging on? It sounds like switch user is being
used.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User