Turn off usb mouse

Aroldo

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Is there a way to turn off the mouse without disconnecting the cable? The problem is that the mouse has flashing LEDs, and wish to turn on them, only when i actually use it.
Thanks

Solution
You can disable the USB ports. Any solution would take longer to implement and use than simply unplugging the mouse, or get one that has software that you can control the lights on. My mouse has software where you can configure anything on the light from color to brightness to pulsing speed if you want to.

If you don't care about the lights, you can cut them as above or place some paper / tape over them.

Max Grinberg

Reputable
Jan 3, 2015
Easiest solution is when you turn off computer just turn off the power button (on the back if the computer)

Otherwise you can just physically open your mouse and cut the LED cables.

Reset-Your-BIOS-Step-9.jpg

You can disable the USB ports. Any solution would take longer to implement and use than simply unplugging the mouse, or get one that has software that you can control the lights on. My mouse has software where you can configure anything on the light from color to brightness to pulsing speed if you want to.

If you don't care about the lights, you can cut them as above or place some paper / tape over them.

Solution