Hello!

Are there some way to turn on a computer remotely? How could I do it? By
command line is it possible? What is necessary?

I know that we have to set an option on Bios, but what else is needed?

Thanks,

--
Filipe

Filipe <Filipe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Are there some way to turn on a computer remotely?

No. The computer is off, so it cannot recieve any remote commands.

--
(tm)

On 4/22/05 04:50:46, Thorsten Matzner wrote:

> Filipe <Filipe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>Are there some way to turn on a computer remotely?
>
> No. The computer is off, so it cannot recieve any remote commands.

That affirmation is not correct in its generality. Most recent computers
are not just "off". Normally there is a small amount of hardware active as
long as the power supply is plugged in ("standby power"). Google for ACPI,
standby power, power management and similar terms for more information.
(Ever noticed that the on/off switch is not a normal light-switch type
switch? It's a simple push button, and its function can even be programmed
on many computers. When you switch your computer on, there's some
electronics already active that checks this switch. It's then the
electronics, not the switch itself, that powers the computer.)

Some NICs have a "wake on LAN" feature. While the computer is off, the NIC