Turn on after build instanly go to bios with out clicking any in keyboard

Aug 14, 2018
Please help i have a problem here after building my gaming pc . I try to install a OS but after turn it on the system instantly go to bios and the keyboard and mouse work only 3-5 seconds but the light of it are still turn on. What would be the cause of the situation i tried any usb port in my asrock X370 fatal1ty gaming k4 and front panel of the case . Is there any problem in my installation or parts that i bought. Please help need to use my pc any recommendation out there im using a ryzen 5 1600x processor and 2x8 ram ddr4 and a 80+ Silver 600 psu. I’m newbei thanks for appreciating and god bless.

One possible cause.....especially with a new build....is something got overlooked.

I would go through the build again....slowly....and inspect every connection (and maybe even disconnect and reconnect).

i would try to boot with only the bare minimum hardware connected.

So....only one HD and no other drives....no graphics card (if you have internal graphics)...no RGB lights etc....you get the idea.

Also, make sure you have the correct BIOS.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Without anything else to boot to, your system will default to entering the BIOS. There should be a boot override function (F8 probably) that'll allow you to boot to a Windows 10 install USB one-time.

But, your KB/M stop working?

Please post your full, detailed system spec

Aug 14, 2018
When i turn it on it instantly go to bios is it normal or there’s a problem to the part or connection? I tried several methods like reconnecting cooler , cmos , hdi on mobo not in gpu but it gave’s me same result its been 3 days and it never fix i found my last hope buy a ps2 keyboard and mouse . Would you agree to that solution sir?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What do you propose a PS2 KB to do?

If it's just a matter of entering the BIOS, that's completely normal - there's nothing else for it to do until you install an operating system.

If it's the fact you can't use a boot override to actually install an OS, then you can manually change the boot priority in the BIOS to select a USB or disk as boot priority #1.

Aug 14, 2018
Thanks for the response but i can’t do anything if keyboard and mouse dont work even in bios . And when i stick my usb with OS to install windows the screen is plain black with the logo of window even if i wait for 1 hr i think it freezes in there .