Question Turned off Windows 10 while searching for drivers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

serjj

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
Hey guys, so I just installed Windows 10 on my new PC so I got it booted up and saw the notification thingy like saying "Finding Drivers" so I just ignored it and turned off my computer (idiot move since I was sleepy already and wanted to just turn off my computer) now today I tried booting it up but the mouse doesn't work like the cursor isn't there, how can I fix this? I am a currently using the keyboard to do some updates on the operating system, please help me because I was an idiot.

EDIT: also when I plug the USB of the mouse it justs say "Unknown USB device" or "USB not Recognizred"

serjj

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
have to see what fanteck have to say about it, could be mouse was being flashed when you turned it off.
Looks like it, my friend gave me one of his mouse and it worked perfectly, anyways thank you, I think this problem is fixed now, I'll probably not ask Fantech for a replacement since my friend gave me one of his ASUS Mouse, anyways thank you a lot.