[SOLVED] Turned pc on with water in power strip. Something is fried. Help!

KrakenUO

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Hello all, I turned on my computer with moisture in the power strip. This is what the pc is doing. It turns on and stays on, however there is no display. I have tried the on board video card, my normal video card and a backup video card. No display. When this first happened, it would only stay on for 20 seconds then restart with no video. However , I unplugged my gtx 1060 and it stays on just cannot get any video . I’m using asus ranger Maximus mobo, intel i7 processor. Corsair 750 tc power supply. G skill ram ddr4 I believe or maybe 3 not sure .

Solution
D
OK throw away the power supply and the surge protector. Get new ones and pray that the power supply blowout didn’t damage any other components. You could potentially have to replace all of the components inside the PC

I only recommend Tripp Lite IsoBar surge protectors and high quality psu

And you need to fix the problem of however the liquid got into the surge protector
D

Deleted member 14196

OK throw away the power supply and the surge protector. Get new ones and pray that the power supply blowout didn’t damage any other components. You could potentially have to replace all of the components inside the PC

I only recommend Tripp Lite IsoBar surge protectors and high quality psu

And you need to fix the problem of however the liquid got into the surge protector

Solution