[SOLVED] Turning off and unplugging psu from wall

andromedaftw

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
I know this is already asked here in the forum but i realize that most of you are from america where electricity is stable and the outlet has ground and mostly only surge protector is needed.

I live in a third world country and my house is old. Our wall outlet doesn't have a ground so we use a Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) which is a alternative to UPS as it is expensive to connect my pc.

My question is after shutting down the computer, do i need to turn off PSU first before unplugging it to the wall? We always and practice unplugging electrical parts to prevent surges or unstable electricity and also to save electricity. I had to ask this question as my old PSU (FSP Hydro G) which is a tier A one died within 2 years. I also hear heavy click to my PSU every time i power on and power off my computer.

Solution
You don't need to flip the power switch on the back of the PSU before you unplug the cable.

That switch is designed to act as a breaker switch to protect the PSU from entrant power without having to unplug the cable each time.
You don't need to flip the power switch on the back of the PSU before you unplug the cable.

That switch is designed to act as a breaker switch to protect the PSU from entrant power without having to unplug the cable each time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS