Turning On Virus Protection

I just downloaded Etrust ezAntiVirus on my computer, but when I look in the
Security Center, it is saying that I have Virus Protection turned off. How
in the world do I turn it ON? Thanks for your help.

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm not sure MS Security centre recognises all anti virus programs. Perhaps
it doesn't recognise this make if you are sure that it is running correctly
then turn off the security centre warning.

Neil

"Jenna Warren" <JennaWarren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just downloaded Etrust ezAntiVirus on my computer, but when I look in the
> Security Center, it is saying that I have Virus Protection turned off.
> How
> in the world do I turn it ON? Thanks for your help.

Hi Jenna & Neil,

The security centre recognises the main ones like Norton/Symantec,
McAfee, Sophos etc. It probably is oblivious to the likes of AVG, Avast!
& Etrust - upstarts that they are how dare they offer free (or even low
cost) software!

One way of getting rid of all of this bit about warnings is to stop the
security centre running at all (if you switch off the warnings in the SC
it'll still keep coming back at you every few weeks or whatever the
default is and drive you round the bend), but only do it if you are
happy you have all bases covered (a/v, spyware and other threats and
have got either a hardware firewall on your modem/router or software
firewall running on your PC).

To switch it off, right click on My computer on your desktop and select
Manage or Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management.
Under Services scroll through until you see Security Center and Disable
it. I can't remember if you need to reboot.

A kind soul gave me this tip in here or some other NG 6 months ago and
it works well.

Brush-Head

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights"

John Paul Getty 1892 - 1976