Turning Raid 0 off

G

I recently was handed a server computer from an old office. The computer is from 2005, it's a dell and has an intel xeon. It doesn't identify the model anywhere, but I know it does have intel bios.

The problem is that the computer ran a Raid 0 setup with 2 SATA hard drives. It won't boot because it has array errors. I'm trying to get it to boot off of it's IDE (single HDD).

When I got into Intel's Embedded Raid Configuration Utility (I access it by hitting ctrl + E in intel's lan console) , I can't figure out how to rid the system of it's raid configuration. I've monkeyed around with it a bit, and yes I've tried clearing the configuration in Intel's Raid utility, that doesn't work because it registers the configuration to still have to ports. Any other ideas or fixes to get my server to boot off of IDE?

popatim

Titan
You might have the option of putting the controller into IT mode which make it just a normal controller. You will need to know which controller you have and search for an IT mode firmware to flash to.

Otherwise you can try putting the drive into a single drive raid1 or single drive JBoD if you dont see an option to pass the drive thru as a single drive.