Turning with Pushback

Hi,

I'm pushing back from the gate with a 737 (SHIFT+P). While pushing back, I
also want to turn. According to the checklist, I have to press button 1 for
tail-left or button 2 for tail-right. This isnt working. I've never
altered my control settings, but reset them just in case yet I continue to
go straight.

Has anybody had the same problem? Is it likely that I am doing something
wrong?

Any advice is appreciated.

Luke.

I just read some older posts on the same topic that said this has to be done
in spot view and the 1 or 2 has to be pressed right after SHIFT+P..... that
didnt work.

So I tried holding 1 or 2 before (and while) SHIFT+P..... that didnt work.

I've tried pressing the numbers on both the top of the keyboard and on the
numerical pad...... that didnt work.

I've also waited for it to maybe kick in after a few airplane lengths....
that didnt work.

I've even restarted my computer a couple of times... you guessed it, that
didnt
work either.

So what am I leaving out? Is there any hope here?

Luke

"Luke G" <send@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm pushing back from the gate with a 737 (SHIFT+P). While pushing back,
> I also want to turn. According to the checklist, I have to press button 1
> for tail-left or button 2 for tail-right. This isnt working. I've never
> altered my control settings, but reset them just in case yet I continue to
> go straight.
>
> Has anybody had the same problem? Is it likely that I am doing something
> wrong?
>
> Any advice is appreciated.
>
> Luke.

Luke, you have to press the SHIFT+P and then the number for the plane to
turn, but the plane has to travel one length of its fuselage before it
turns.
Hope this helps.

--
Eric Carnahan

>I just read some older posts on the same topic that said this has to be
>done
> in spot view and the 1 or 2 has to be pressed right after SHIFT+P.....
> that didnt work.
>
> So I tried holding 1 or 2 before (and while) SHIFT+P..... that didnt work.
>
> I've tried pressing the numbers on both the top of the keyboard and on the
> numerical pad...... that didnt work.
>
> I've also waited for it to maybe kick in after a few airplane lengths....
> that didnt work.
>
> I've even restarted my computer a couple of times... you guessed it, that
> didnt
> work either.
>
> So what am I leaving out? Is there any hope here?
>

> Luke
>

> "Luke G" <send@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm pushing back from the gate with a 737 (SHIFT+P). While pushing back,
>> I also want to turn. According to the checklist, I have to press button
>> 1 for tail-left or button 2 for tail-right. This isnt working. I've
>> never altered my control settings, but reset them just in case yet I
>> continue to go straight.
>>
>> Has anybody had the same problem? Is it likely that I am doing something
>> wrong?
>>
>> Any advice is appreciated.
>>
>> Luke.

and only use the numbers at the TOP of the keyboard.
Tom
"Eric Carnahan" <vamustang@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Luke, you have to press the SHIFT+P and then the number for the plane to
> turn, but the plane has to travel one length of its fuselage before it
> turns.
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Eric Carnahan
>

> "Luke G" <send@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
>>I just read some older posts on the same topic that said this has to be
>>done
>> in spot view and the 1 or 2 has to be pressed right after SHIFT+P.....
>> that didnt work.
>>
>> So I tried holding 1 or 2 before (and while) SHIFT+P..... that didnt
>> work.
>>
>> I've tried pressing the numbers on both the top of the keyboard and on
>> the numerical pad...... that didnt work.
>>
>> I've also waited for it to maybe kick in after a few airplane lengths....
>> that didnt work.
>>
>> I've even restarted my computer a couple of times... you guessed it, that
>> didnt
>> work either.
>>
>> So what am I leaving out? Is there any hope here?
>>

>> Luke
>>

>> "Luke G" <send@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm pushing back from the gate with a 737 (SHIFT+P). While pushing
>>> back, I also want to turn. According to the checklist, I have to press
>>> button 1 for tail-left or button 2 for tail-right. This isnt working.
>>> I've never altered my control settings, but reset them just in case yet
>>> I continue to go straight.
>>>
>>> Has anybody had the same problem? Is it likely that I am doing
>>> something wrong?
>>>
>>> Any advice is appreciated.
>>>
>>> Luke.

Bingo!

Thanks guys. All is fine now. Its so simple i cant believe i didnt get it
to work earlier. So shift-P like before. Then I wait a second and press 1
or 2 and it works. I dont even have to hold the number which I thought Id
have to do.

But heres the main reason why It didnt work - I thought top-down view would
work the same as the other views. The pushback command does not work with
the number in top-down.

Thanks for your time!

Luke.

"Cat in the Hat" <garrett451@diespammerscox.net> wrote in message
> and only use the numbers at the TOP of the keyboard.

The numLock Key. If it isn't right, the numberpad doesn't work. I don't
remember the last time I bothered with pushback (slew is easier and works
with the joystick),...but I'm sure I used the number pad with it.

--
Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Guidance
http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/techinfo/Guidance/2004.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/techinfo/Guidance/2000.asp

Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Partners
http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/partners/default.asp

stevej

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004

Luke

You can get an add-on gauge to control pushback which will allow you to
change views and choose the pushback length angle etc. Take a look on
avsim.com for 'push back gauge' -post back if you can't find it

HTH
Steve

> Bingo!
>
> Thanks guys. All is fine now. Its so simple i cant believe i didnt get
> it to work earlier. So shift-P like before. Then I wait a second and
> press 1 or 2 and it works. I dont even have to hold the number which I
> thought Id have to do.
>
> But heres the main reason why It didnt work - I thought top-down view
> would work the same as the other views. The pushback command does not
> work with the number in top-down.
>
> Thanks for your time!
>
> Luke.
>

> "Eric Carnahan" <vamustang@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> Luke, you have to press the SHIFT+P and then the number for the plane to
>> turn, but the plane has to travel one length of its fuselage before it
>> turns.
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Eric Carnahan
>>

>> "Luke G" <send@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
>>>I just read some older posts on the same topic that said this has to be
>>>done
>>> in spot view and the 1 or 2 has to be pressed right after SHIFT+P.....
>>> that didnt work.
>>>
>>> So I tried holding 1 or 2 before (and while) SHIFT+P..... that didnt
>>> work.
>>>
>>> I've tried pressing the numbers on both the top of the keyboard and on
>>> the numerical pad...... that didnt work.
>>>
>>> I've also waited for it to maybe kick in after a few airplane
>>> lengths.... that didnt work.
>>>
>>> I've even restarted my computer a couple of times... you guessed it,
>>> that didnt
>>> work either.
>>>
>>> So what am I leaving out? Is there any hope here?
>>>

>>> Luke
>>>

>>> "Luke G" <send@to.newsgroup> wrote in message

TRENDING THREADS