Turns off by itself

Jul 20, 2018
So I built a PC with parts that I purchased through pcpartpicker, so the parts ended up being purchased from more than one website. The first time I completed it and turned it on everything was running fine, GPU, power supply, all fans, but there was no display. So being frustrated with it I took it apart and rebuilt it making sure all the wires were connected to the corrected spots. when I finished I went to turn it on, and when I did everything turned on but it shut itself down literally a half second later. So I took everything apart and but it again, same issue when it was back together. And I tried using just one ram stick...these are my parts
•Amd ryzen 1700 8 core
•Cryorig c7 40.5 cfm CPU cooler
•Asus STRIX B350-f gaming atx am4 motherboard
•Corsair vengeance 16 (2 x 8gb) DDR4 3000
•Samsung 850 Evo series 250gb 2.5" ssd
•Western digital caviar blue 1tb 7200rpm
•Gigabyte- GeForce gtx 1060 6gb AORUS
•Diy PC gamemax-w atx full tower case
•SeaSonic - focus plus gold 550w 80+ fully modular

Solution
Rebuild it again. But this time bread board it. Build it outside the case with the motherboard sitting on something insulated (like the MB box). Connect just the CPU/cooler, 1 stick RAM (in first slot as per the manual), PSU, gfx card, monitor. Start the system by momentarily shorting the two pins that the power switch would connect to.

If you get a display, you can them shut down and add the keyboard. Test again. Repeat with other components one-by-one.

While the board is out of the case, check in the case to be sure you don't have an unused standoff installed that shouldn't be. If you find one, chances are you can skip the above breadboard routine.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Rebuild it again. But this time bread board it. Build it outside the case with the motherboard sitting on something insulated (like the MB box). Connect just the CPU/cooler, 1 stick RAM (in first slot as per the manual), PSU, gfx card, monitor. Start the system by momentarily shorting the two pins that the power switch would connect to.

If you get a display, you can them shut down and add the keyboard. Test again. Repeat with other components one-by-one.

While the board is out of the case, check in the case to be sure you don't have an unused standoff installed that shouldn't be. If you find one, chances are you can skip the above breadboard routine.

Solution