Turtle Beach Earforce Z6 & Realtek? 5.1 Surround not so much.

Brokenangel099

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2012
So, wasn't sure where to throw this thread... Thought I'd try here and see where it got me.

Had a similar issue when I was running XP, but I can't remember how (or if) I solved it.

I have a pair of Z6 headphones (love them by the way), but no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get all the speakers in the headphones to register for my media player (Winamp). I have Realtek set to 5.1 Surround, and all the speaks play the test note when I test in in Realtek... However when I play music, etc. the sound only seems to be coming out of the full-range & sub portions of the headphones. I've messed around with a myriad of different setting to no avail. And I can't find may threads that have been terribly helpful with this problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Makese sense. If the source is 2.1, it will output as 2.1, regardless of how many speakers you physically have plugged in.

You can force the front speaker output onto the side speakers by enabling 'Speaker Fill' (or whatever the setting is called these days), but that still gives 2.1, just with the stereo signal repeated on the side speakers.

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
+1

In addition, the multiple speaker per earcup "surround sound" implementation is severely flawed for anything other than computer games with mediocre audio output. They use multiple cheap little speakers. They then throw that into a headset that struggle to accurately position complex audio queues, have very tinny sound compared to a 2 speaker (say 50mm driver) headset and serve one function.... satisfy the non-audio loving gamer.

What you have is a "dedicated gamer" headset, as posted in quite a few reviews. Music will barely be passable with that setup.

Brokenangel099

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2012
Hrm. That's too bad.

However on a positive note, I did get it to work. All 5 are registering sound (and actually rather well). I had to install THX True Studio to get it to work the way I wanted, which isn't really so bad I think.

Thanks for the info though.

TRENDING THREADS