Turtle Beach Impact 500 Mechanical Keyboard Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Yikes, $130 for no backlighting.. no number pad... This keyboard is basic AF.

No backlight is indeed strange, but the absence of the number pad isn't a loss for many people - personally, I'm glad to see more and more TKL boards appearing on the market, there's a lot of people that want a quality mechanical keyboard but really have no use for NumPad, so it just forces them to keep the mouse further to the right. I wouldn't call a keyboard "basic" for not having one - it's like calling a car "primitive" because it doesn't come with a trailer.

bradsctt

Distinguished
I find the US pricing quite interesting, as i recently saw this KB for only $110 NZD (75 USD). That makes it much more compelling, when other options such as the Corsair K70 are approx $100 NZD more.

Nailli

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
There are way better ten-keyless boards out there that are a hell of a lot better than this one. Such as the Filco Majestouch Minila Air for starters.

I'd only pay $70 at the most for this garbage.

Personally I'd agree, it's as if they waited for years to jump the 'mechanical is the new black' bandwagon (for those who don't know mechanical keyboards used to be the standard before cheap rubber dome membrane switches and didn't cost a small mortgage). The price is a bit overrated for what it offers.

Granted it's a basic design which can be harder to come by (surprisingly). The cherry mx switches and others like kailh are quite common in $60-80 keyboards many of which have 10key, with or without gaming macros and rgb led backlighting.

IspotU

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
I have always thought that TB was mostly console peripherals. I think I will stick with my black widow keyboard. Sorry can't recommend this product as a viable option to my gaming customers, and friends.

beoir

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
Turtle beach has a history of shoddy workmanship on headsets. I had a couple literally start to disintegrate after one year of use. They market pretty hard, but still make garbage.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
"The cable is detachable (it has a Micro-USB connector) for better portability, and it sports a black braided design with red accents."

That is a mini USB. Not a micro.

Well shut my mouth and call me Sammy. You are correct. Fixed now, thanks--

Status
Not open for further replies.