Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Win XP

G

Hey Everyone:
Just got my brand spanking new Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card. Unforunately, having problems with it. I downloaded the newest drivers from Turtle Beach Support website. Install just like the installation instructions. Around 40% installing the software my computer will freeze. ctrl+alt+del to end program then another Ctrl+alt+del to restart. The drivers will pick up and install. Then if I go to restart or shutdown, and then open internet explorer, my sounds emits a high frequency pitch for all windows default sounds. I can go to control panel then sounds-all windows default sounds come the high pitch that sends my dog away. Music, movies play fine though. Annoying when I surf web because new website, instead of the click I get high pitch sound. Thanks you all for your help.
H
Intel P4 2.0A GZ
128 DDR SDRAM
Maxtor 80gb 740XL
Nvidia Geforce2 64mb DDR
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
NEC 5800 DVD drive
Win XP Home Edition

Master in comp-fu

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Hmm, you have the weirdest setup ever! A 2GHz P4 with 128MB RAM? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Back on topic, you may have a bad card.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

FatBurger

Illustrious
It may be a bad card, but it's definitely worth trying another driver version. The newest one isn't always the best one.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

G

so here i am sitting in the quiet computer lab at work and when i saw the 128mb of system memory i just completely burst out laughing... haha sorry no offense...

TRENDING THREADS