Tv and laptop no longer connects with HDMI

Jan 31, 2019
Hello,

So my laptop which is used as a television streamer no longer connects to TV.
At first i thought its the cable but when i tried a new one nothing changed.
Then i tried another laptop and everything worked just fine so i thought its the HDMI port at fault so i tried connecting the laptop to my pc monitor, it works!
I googled literally everything, tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling video drivers manually to changing the settings for how the video is outputed, dublicated or extended, nothing works.

Help me with this magic, i am losing my mind!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What specs is your laptop? Which Windows?

Try Windows key + P to toggle between display modes. Think you tried this anyway through the usual means but this is a short cut.

Not sure what Hz your monitor's screen is (don't know what laptop you have) but double check that Hz under resolution matches to your TV.

There's not much else really to connecting laptop to TV, it's usually just plug and play.

Jan 31, 2019
Thank you for you answer, i tried the windows key + P already, and about Hz i have no idea and i cannot check because i left my parents place, spent hours trying to figure out what the hell is wrong, its been working for 1 year with a same setup, the only solution i came up with is connecting it via VGA cable and hooking up with bluetooth speaker for sound, and of course told them to buy a new laptop because that one is cursed.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hz is set under resolution settings. Search YouTube how to change monitor hz in Windows. There'll be videos showing where to find the setting. Doubt its that if you don't know about it. Most TVs and laptops operate at 60Hz so don't think Hz should be a problem if it's never been changed. But if your laptop was a 120Hz model then that could be a problem and reason why i asked what model laptop it was as im only guessing.

There's not much to connecting a Tv so probably not your day.