TV as a monitor

Jan 4, 2019
Help! I just tried hooking up a TV to replace my computer monitor. The text is terribly fuzzy and difficult to read. The computer is a Dell laptop connected through a docking bay and System is Windows 7 Professional. I saw a previous post about renaming the input devi e so I did that and it helped only a little. I have tried various resolution settings as well but that hasn't helped at all. Any advice on fixing this is greatly appreciated... Thanks!!!!

Jan 4, 2019
You are all fantastic, thank you SOOO much for the fast responses!

The TV is a Sanyo Roku, HDMI, Model #FW32R19F.

PC is a Dell laptop hooked up to a docking station.
OS Windows 7 Pro
Processer is Intel i5-2540M CPU@2.60gh
4.0 GB Memory
64-Bit Operating

I have looked and I don't see that the TV has any options let me disable anti-aliasing, or enable pc mode in tv.

Your TV is 720p so, generally speaking, it is not great for use as a PC monitor. Hopefully we can get rid of the blurriness for you. If it is not currently at optimum settings we should at least be able to get it to look sharper, but it will certainly look pixelated due to the low pixel density of 720p on a 32 inch panel. It is not ideal for text, but games/graphics should still look ok. So, the specs say the resolution is actually 1366 x 768 pixels. Go into your graphics settings in your laptop and select that resolution for the external display (the TV). If you have trouble setting the TV resolution you may have to find the setting to extend the desktop to the TV, rather than having it mirrored, so you can set resolutions independently. Are you using integrated graphics or is there an nVidia or AMD gpu in the laptop?

Jan 4, 2019
That has helped, thank you. There is a Nvidia graphics card in the computer, that is where I have been adjusting the settings. Is there another option that might help more?

I realize thought that this is definitely not the best screen to be using though, what do I need to look for in picking up a different TV to use?