TV as a monitor?

G

Can anyone tell me the best why to create a large display from the internet. I need to see data from 15 - 20 feet.(Aircraft tracking a Data, ETA, departure etc.)
I would like to use large screen TV's, I need 5 for a NASA type operations room. Projection is not practical for a 24/7 operation plus to costly. Help!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You'll want to use an HDTV for it's increased resolution, these screens are compatable with 1024x768 computer output, and some units actually include a 15-pin VGA port, for around $100 more. You could also consider a large tube monitor, I see 36" Gateway monitors going for around $500 refurbished, but they only support 800x600 (still far better than the 640x480/blurry of a standard television).

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

Tell me where you are seeing those Gateway monitors. I need to get at least 3 if not 5 in the next few days.
I have a buget I am trying to work with and $500 would be great. The Monitor outlet is quoting me $1700 for a 34"

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Compgeeks carries them sporadically, so no help there when your in a hurry, Gateway closed out a bunch of these last year, both Compgeeks and Gateway carried them for between $450 and $500. Found out from a dealer that Gateway was selling them on their dealers channel, maybe you should go to a local Gateway Country Store and see if they are still available? Right now their regular online accesorie store has what I'm looking for, a FIFTY INCH FLAT PANEL, but the cost is more than the average used car!

What's the frequency, Kenneth?